The Rogers High School Army Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps has had an Army detachment since 1916. The Battalion was officially activated in 1935 when Major Richard L. Green was assigned as the first Senior Army Instructor. During the first year, there was no assigned space nor was there a provision for the course on the schedule. Enrolled students did classes at lunch or after school on their own time. It was not until 1940 that JROTC training was fully integrated into the school curriculum as an elective. Through 1956, the JROTC unit was based with the rest of Rogers High School at the present site of the Thompson Middle School. Over 800 cadets had completed the three year program. In 1957, Rogers relocated to its present building on Wickham Road.
Rogers has the second oldest program in the country, only behind New Bedford High School in Massachusetts.